clearing a beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimbolala

Reaction score
Even after bottling there are still some stuff in the bottles, is there a way to completely clear the bottle, or do you always have to be careful with the residue at the bottom?

If you add sugar/carbonation drops to the bottle for fizz, there will always be sediment. Depending on the yeast used, some sediment can stick solid to bottle and not be disturbed on pouring. But... there will always be sediment.

To have sediment free fizzy bottled beer/cider/wine means going down the forced carbonation route... a route that I'm taking. This is starting to prove expensive for me and it might have just been easier to be careful pouring my beer and advise friends (to whom I give some samples) to do the same.

Different yeasts stick to the bottom of the bottle better than others - so avoid kits that have loose, floaty yeast. :cheers:

First of all, thank you for the replies. Secondly, it really doesn't bother me that much, on my 10th or so brew and was wondering if I was missing something that's all.

I found that crash cooling before bottling really reduces thw sediment amount. I'm going to use a gelatin fining aswell as crash cooling for my current beer (made on friday) so it'll be a month or so before I know how successful it is.

Back