hi from Grimsby

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwabbit

Reaction score
hi I am from Grimsby well a village next to grimsby
first tried homebrew 20 years ago. did not go so well. but I am back at it again. I have recently done 2 wine kits one a red and a white.

now im having a go at doing a fruit juice wine.
ive been reading this blog that has got me intrested again
http://www.wijnmaker.blogspot.com/

Hi mate, welcome to the forums :drink:

If you're calculating costs closely, take a look at t-bag wine. No seriously... herbal/fruit t-bags :-D

You can get a box of mixed berry / fruit supermarket own make bags for about ~75p. You'll need half a box for a demi - 10 bags.

I have to say, I never told anybody that's what I used, I labelled it up as 'Mixed Berry' and it has been my most popular wine to date. The women (especially my daughter & friends) all loved it! Actually, I labelled a whole bunch of it as 'Zombie Blood' but that's a whole other story :wink:

One fast, cheap and highly appreciated brew!

Not really looking at the costs just found the juice cheap. So thought it was worth a go..
Been reading the juice section most seem to go for 100% juice
I thought along the lines if your making wine from a kit. Your adding water to a concentrate. So not much different to what's in the juice bottles

Been reading the juice section most seem to go for 100% juice
I thought along the lines if your making wine from a kit. Your adding water to a concentrate. So not much different to what's in the juice bottles

I use a litre of grape juice and a litre of apple juice (both 100% juice) the grape juice gives the finished wine body.

Just picked up a few tins of pitted prunes in apple juice . Might be worth a go at something

Just picked up some old bottles on free cycle
12 one litre bottles in wooden cases
And 3 demi John's one gas a screw top

uploadfromtaptalk1414337005724.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1414337024421.jpg

I know just got them in the bath for a good soak and clean they were covered in cobwebs. Shame I could not have left the on for a real Halloween brew lol

Back