Peach wine is this right???

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meirion658

Reaction score
Hi all I am a newbie to all this and decided to have a bash at making some peach wine.

I started the process on 19th October

Used 3lb of peaches to make a gallon of wine and had added enough sugar for a SG reading of 1.090 prior to adding the yeast.

Wednesday 22nd Removed from Primary fermentation bucket to Demijohn to ferment out to dryness.

Over the past few days the fermentation has really slowed down to a near stand still. I decided to take a SG reading which came out as 0.996. I had a quick taste to test and it was sweet enough to my taste buds. At the bottom was a couple of inches of sediment.

Can the secondary fermentation be over in such a short period of time or have I done something wrong here?

It has been fermenting for 7 days and has not finished that is why it tastes sweet, if you leave it it will carry on fermenting, you will need to back sweeten if you don't like dry wine.

Thanks for that the prob is the gravity reading has gone from 1.0990 to 0.992 in less than a week. With the reading at 0.992, all suguar is nearly fermented out. I am just suprised it has done so in such a short period of time.

Back