How and when do you put bee into a keg

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rincon

Reaction score
So in my humble opinion the worst bit of homebrew is cleaning the bottles. I'm now about to wash and sterilise 60 for my latest brew. ( a AG brew of Timothy Taylor landlord)

But I want to do another brew for Christmas and there seems little point in bottling it when we will have a house full of people so I want to try sticking it all in a keg.

I have a plastic barrel with a small brass thread on top, it looks like a valve of some sort.

So my questions are, when do you transfer the beer into the keg? Same time as you would bottle?

What is the brass thing for on the top of my barrel? I've heard some need co2?

How long will it last in the keg?

And lastly, is the process of putting beer into the keg the same for AG as it is for kits as I tend to do both?

Thank you very much!

For bottles I use a bottle rinser and a bottle tree, I mix up Milton and do the bottles in the rinser and hang on the tree to dry. Takes no time, done nearly 90 and bottled 2 kits inside 2 hrs on Tuesday.

Re the keg, keg it the same time you would bottle it. prime it with sugar and syphon the FV into it. The valve is either a vs.ve to release pressure if it gets too much or a valve to screw a co2 bulb and holder on to. This helps get the beer out when the volume drops as you drink it, it keeps the air out as well that keeps it "fresh"

For bottles I use a bottle rinser and a bottle tree, I mix up Milton and do the bottles in the rinser and hang on the tree to dry. Takes no time, done nearly 90 and bottled 2 kits inside 2 hrs on Tuesday.

Re the keg, keg it the same time you would bottle it. prime it with sugar and syphon the FV into it. The valve is either a vs.ve to release pressure if it gets too much or a valve to screw a co2 bulb and holder on to. This helps get the beer out when the volume drops as you drink it, it keeps the air out as well that keeps it "fresh"

Wait, there is such a thing as a bottle rinser?

Thanks for the keg info

Latest posts

Back