Glycerin? is this ok for WOW.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frogbrew

Landlord.
Reaction score
As title please.
my other half bought me this glycerine back for my WOWS, is it ok to use?

SANY1867.JPG

SANY1868.JPG

Glycerol also called glycerine or glycerin is a simple polyol (sugar alcohol) compound. It is a colorless, odorless, viscous liquid that is widely used in pharmaceutical formulations. Glycerol has three hydroxyl groups that are responsible for its solubility in water and its hygroscopic nature. The glycerol backbone is central to all lipids known as triglycerides. Glycerol is sweet-tasting and generally considered non-toxic.

a1111111111111.jpg

This is the one i use (labelled glycerine below) look at the ingredients in both.

images

a22222222222222.jpg

Thanks chippy, I was hoping you would answer this being the WOW expert, I take it its ok to use then?
200ML for £1.29, way cheaper than the last 30ml one I used from asdas baking isle.

Thanks chippy, I was hoping you would answer this being the WOW expert, I take it its ok to use then?
200ML for £1.29, way cheaper than the last 30ml one I used from asdas baking isle.

I am no expert mate i just make lots of the stuff and google a lot. :lol:

A word on the subject from the man himself -

a3333333333333333.jpg

Thanks again chippy, just bottled up my latest wow which I ran out of glycerine, a 1ltr rgj and 1ltr aj version which you recommend, not sure if the lack of glycerine will be obvious to the missus but we'll see...

You can put it in anytime, it's supposed to give mouth feel, I have never tried it without.

Latest posts

Back