Youngs Harvest Pilsner Larger?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pith-head

Reaction score
Firstly, i hope this is the correct section for this post, my apologies if it isn't.

I decided to do my self a nice larger and the home brew lady talked me in to buying a Youngs Harvest Pilsner Larger 1.5 KG tin, i would like to ask if any one here has done one and if it is any good? Thanks for any replies.

Mmmm, that popular eh? :lol:

The Homebrew guy i bought it from gave it a rave review, told me it was a top seller. Live and learn i guess. :-D

Mmmm, that popular eh? :lol:

The Homebrew lady and her husband i bought it from gave it a rave review, told me it was a top seller. Live and learn i guess. :-D

Never done this myself but looking on the home brew online site 9 reviewer's pretty much all gave it 5stars so it can't be all bad, but i would give it some help dont just add sugar and i am sure you will have something you can drink.:drunk:

Never done this myself but looking on the home brew online site 9 reviewer's pretty much all gave it 5stars so it can't be all bad, but i would give it some help dont just add sugar and i am sure you will have something you can drink.:drunk:

Thanks gerbs, could you tell me what i help i can give it? Thanks

I think what gerbs means by givibg it some help is use 500g sugar & 500g beer enhancer or use a full 1kg beer enhancer and/or some light malt extract to help give it some body?

Please correct me if im wrong but it fairly common to use additions to these 1 can kits.

I think what gerbs means by givibg it some help is use 500g sugar & 500g beer enhancer or use a full 1kg beer enhancer and/or some light malt extract to help give it some body?

Please correct me if im wrong but it fairly common to use additions to these 1 can kits.

Thanks Coups, i'll do exactly that. :smile: Would the same apply to a bitter kit?

I've not done the Pilsner, but you should be onto a winner if the Youngs Harvest Bitter and Mild I did were anything to go by.

Latest posts

Back