Crazy Brew day - 3 beers 25 gallons Chocolate Mint stout, Gingerbread Brown & Sahti

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewpirate

Regular.
Reaction score
JMQMKKx.jpg

Here is the fruits of our labor, left to right:

5g - Sahti @ 1.032
5g - Gingerbread Brown Ale @ 1.050
5g - Gingerbread Brown Ale @ 1.050
6g - Chocolate Mint Stout @ 1.060
6g - Chocolate Mint Stout @ 1.060

Sahti
1oz Juniper Berries, branches boiled.
Pale malt, Chocolate Rye & Crystal Rye
Yeast : Saison III

Gingerbread Ale
Spice mixture (ginger, allspice, nutmeg, clove, cinnamon and vanilla bean)
Vienna, Maris Otter, Crystal Rye, Brown Malt, Carastan & Flaked Barley
Yeast: Irish Ale, German Ale II

Chocolate Mint Stout
Unsweetened Cocoa Powder, Peppermint Tea & 24 Candycanes
Pale Malt, Chocolate, Crystal 40, Carafa III, Flaked Barley
Yeast: Irish Ale

uqd5e4s.jpg

Thanks everyone. Also in the freezer 2x 6g Golden Stouts and a carboy of liquid..

The Sahti is really awesome and with some of my liquid oak I make its crazy good and takes it from a piney/resinous flavor to a woody outdoor flavor. Its pretty awesome and will be brewing some more.

Cant wait to crack these open on Christmas!

Well I like them both and of course each have their pros and cons. Recently ive switched to glass and plan to move to stainless soon with some poly tanks.

Buckets
Pros: Cheap, easy to clean, easy to move and durable.
Cons: They scratch easy, not for long term storage (no aging) carry infection, poor insulator

Glass
Pro: Sanitary, better insulator, tapered necks minimize oxygen exposure, good for longterm storage
Cons: Expensive, fragile, need haulers, harder to clean and need brushs

Well I like them both and of course each have their pros and cons. Recently ive switched to glass and plan to move to stainless soon with some poly tanks.

Buckets
Pros: Cheap, easy to clean, easy to move and durable.
Cons: They scratch easy, not for long term storage (no aging) carry infection, poor insulator

Glass
Pro: Sanitary, better insulator, tapered necks minimize oxygen exposure, good for longterm storage
Cons: Expensive, fragile, need haulers, harder to clean and need brushs

Thanks, excellent info. When you say long term storage do you mean for use as a secondary?

Latest posts

Back