New brewer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bellastella46

Reaction score
:hmm:Hi everyone!
I have never brewed my own beer before but I am interested in brewing my own lager. I have been doing some reading on the brewing process but am unsure on what equipment to buy. I know the basic things but am wondering whether to buy a starter kit from the likes of wilkos/tesco or is it worth investing in something better? Will I get a good quality lager from the basic equipment?

Thanks xx

Thanks!
Well not that in particular but kits like that and the general brewing equipment from there.
Will it make a difference to the quality of the lager brewed?

I started with a kit and am just adding things as I need them. The kit will contain everything to get your first brew completed and you can re-use everything for your next beer. It saves the hassle of sourcing everything and won't cost you much more than buying them separate.

For bottles, just use sterilised 2L bottles of fizzy pop like coca cola.

The beer will turn out drinkable but once you know the process you can buy other kits and tweak your own beers. You'll be an expert in no time and brewing some delicious beers :)

YouTube is your best friend.

You can get a coopers kit that will provide you with everything you need for your first brew.

You can also buy wilko gear which is also great and get it delivered to store so you don't forget anything. If you want glass bottles they are cheap enough from fleebay. Around £25 for 50 inc delivery

Latest posts

Back