Born again all grain brewer...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just_one

Reaction score
Hi, its been awhile since i did any AG brews, probably 28 years. I was the reader of the great, late, Dave Line who no doubt you all know of "brewing beers like those you buy"

i thought i would first show you my mash tun for comments as i have not tested yet;

i made the tubes a tight fit in the box as i have not soldered any. This because i wanted to test it first, also not keen to have lead in my beer, and i may need to change it if you brewers think i made error?

IMAG0113.jpg

i used an old tap with a plumbing fitting that fitted on directly, then just a kinked 15mm tube connecting to the rest of the filter.

IMAG0114.jpg

IMAG0115.jpg

IMAG0116.jpg

IMAG0117.jpg

IMAG0118.jpg

So that is the mash tun, i intend to test it first as it looks a bit thin on insulation.

Next i need a boiler. I am gas heating so i want stainless steel. looking at 55 litre. but will be doing 5 gallons mostly ( 23litre). i looking at these stock pots and fitting my own tap. here is were i need some guidance. which pot to go for, i mean triple bottom, 3 mm side wall fully insulated handles, seen some that have handles that are so weakly attached they cannot be used with any liquid in? also where to fit the tap, i was thinking of fitting in bottom in the centre i would need hop filter, any ideas on one of those?

Finally for the moment i need gas ring heater, these are pricey at 130 quid with shut-off valve , so can anybody suggest

Cheers

Just_one

Latest posts

Back