Will my cider still work?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewm_Wagon

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I've just started my first attempt at a home brew using the On the Rocks cider kit and got a bit over excited when I started it off. I ended up putting the flavour pouch in at the same time as everything else and wondered how much of an effect this will have.

It's been going 12 days now and I'm just about to transfer it to the 2nd fv. Has anyone got any advice on what to do or is it just a case of crossing my fingers?

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

hello n welcome.. dont know the kit so i googled it, it looks as if the apple juice add back sachet may be a sweetner you add to taste probably not a fermantable sugar lactose or an artificial jobby. if so it will just be on the sweeter side of the scale..

imho next time get 23l of 65p per litre tesco or similar apple juice and a small bag of brown sugar and follow one of the many turbo cider recipes, will be a bit cheaper and probably a lot nicer ;)

hello n welcome.. dont know the kit so i googled it, it looks as if the apple juice add back sachet may be a sweetner you add to taste probably not a fermantable sugar lactose or an artificial jobby. if so it will just be on the sweeter side of the scale..

imho next time get 23l of 65p per litre tesco or similar apple juice and a small bag of brown sugar and follow one of the many turbo cider recipes, will be a bit cheaper and probably a lot nicer ;)

Sorry for my ignorance but where can I find "Turbo Cider" recipes please? Sounds interesting!!

Hello everyone, I've just started my first attempt at a home brew using the On the Rocks cider kit and got a bit over excited when I started it off. I ended up putting the flavour pouch in at the same time as everything else and wondered how much of an effect this will have.

It's been going 12 days now and I'm just about to transfer it to the 2nd fv. Has anyone got any advice on what to do or is it just a case of crossing my fingers?

Any ideas greatly appreciated.
I've just bottled an on the rocks cider, they taste pretty good

yeh I don't think you'll have done any harm in putting your flavouring sachet in at the start, you might lose a wee bit of flavour as it'll have been fermenting away with the primary rather then in the less vigourous secondary fermentation that happens in the bottle.

The sachet in my kit was raspberry (rasp and lime kit)

I've also made (turbo) cider from cheapo cartons as suggested above and that turned out pretty well too !

Well after 2 weeks it had gone from 1.048 to 1.0 so I've banged it in the 2nd fv and crossed my fingers. Going to leave it another week then bottle it up. I made it up with 3l of Apple juice too but still expecting the flavour to be a bit lacking in the end, anything else will be a bonus.

Probably going to try the turbo cider next time.

Latest posts

Back