Coopers Heritage Lager Kit Review

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spapro

Reaction score
Brewed 23l of this recently with 500g Light Spray Malt and 500g Brewing Sugar added to the can.

Initial SG was 1042 and fermented out very smoothly over 2 weeks to 1010 giving an ABV of 4.1% - left in the fermentation vessel for 3 weeks total as no rush !

Bulk primed 23l with 180g of Tate and Lyle sugar, bottled then 2 weeks in warm and now had 1 week in the garage in the cold.

Cracked one open and am very impressed already.
This kit I think uses a mix of ale and lager yeast which sounds like it would result in bit of a Frankensteins monster of a brew but has actually created an interesting pint which I am sure will get better still given a bit of time.

Starts with a slightly sweeter fruity taste (like an australian lager) and finishes with a crisp dry taste of a European style lager !

Fermented out at a steady 18°C which worked a treat and the carbonation level is spot on for a lager (8 grams of priming sugar per litre).

This is a great kit for those of us without a brewing fridge so will struggle with an out and out lager kit which needs to be fermented out at low temperatures.

:wink:

Sounds good :thumb:
I've brewed mine with a brew enhancer to 20 litres and split it into two vessels this morning.
Threw a full tub of frozen strawberries into one and the other I chucked in a mix of NZ,Cascade,Amarillo and Styrian,about 30g,trying to get it to taste like Ceaser Augustus :pray: although I got an email back from one of the Williams Bros (Scott) and he said to include some Citra and Savinski? Never even heard of the second one and it doesn't mention these on their website?
Anyway,it's all good,part of the process of learning.
Cheers

Thanks,can anyone tell me if the yeast will eat any natural sugars in the strawberries as it seems to be fermenting again ?
Will I end up with strawberry turbo beer ? :electric:
Ta

Yes it will increase the gravity. No idea how much sorry. But apparently there is about 5g of sugar in every 100g of strawberries. So it won't be significant, it ain't gonna go turbo.

Back