The Gaming thread.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
What are you playing and what on?

My son recently bought a PS4 which i have to say is brilliant (the last console i bought was a Xbox 360) and although i was mainly a FPS i am now a Dragon Age Inquisition fan.

I have never played this type of game before but my Son raved about it so i had a look at a few reviews and decided to give it a go, i have now spent 40+ hours on it and am still only about a quarter of the way through it, i can see this game is going to take a long time to finish.

For any FPS's reading like me who had no interest in this type of game give it a look you might be surprised how good it is.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FW_RyyPQJ9M[/ame]

main games at the moment are destiny ps4 driveclub ps4
plus still to try the psplus games this month
had my ps4 12 months now was lucky to get one last december
also have my original ps3 day one console and still play that aswell

I only play the games he buys as i am a tight git so have played through most of the games below. (i bought Dragon Age Inquisition as although he raved about it he would not have bought it)

Assasins creed Black Flag

COD MW (occasionally play multiplayer)

Wulfenstein new order.

BF4.

Tomb raider definitive edition.

Killzone shadow fall.

A trip down memory lane for the older generation - this is the Super Mario 64 remake on Wii U.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLGMPLmgpv8[/ame]

if you like fps you will love destiny im hooked on it but it can take 30 / 60 mins to do a mission if you do it first go

I have played that but he sold it long before he or i finished it, i don't think it turned out to be his type of game, i liked it but as you say it can be very time consuming.

i only got boxing day from cex was only £20
also got the alien game but not really played it yet

I'm playing my way through all the lego games with my kids on x360. Love em. Lord of the rings was the best, at risk of looking like a massive geek.

Currently playing cod advanced warfare and drive club on ps4. Looking forward to the order which is due out next month though!

Big time on GTAV on xbox one.

Gamer tag. Scaffers.

Also playing

Sunset
Cod
Battlefield
Rome
Dead rising 3
Forza
The crew
Loads more

Tap me up with a FR

Scaff

Ive got to agree with chippy, Inquisition is amazing but i would have recomended playing the first two games first so you get more of a feel of the world and lore,
Plus the decisions made in the first two can carry over so its more personal.
And glad to see more than one of my hobbies here:cheers:

I guess it's always better to play the games in order but I haven't played the first two and am enjoying the game, if I didn't know there were earlier games when I started playing I would not have known so it doesn't spoil the game play.

Yeah I am too loving DA:I. I enjoy most of biowares games actually, Dragon age series in general (Origins was fantastic), Mass Effect series and Star wars Knights of the old republic.

I am playing through DA: Inquisition and Shadows of Mordor at the minute which is also very good.

My son (only 5) is playing lego star wars 3 and Lego Batman 3 at the minute.

Must admit FPS's no longer interest me, they did about 13 years ago but there are so many I just burned out of them and I didn't find them very.. satisfying. That is just me though.

Ive got to agree with chippy, Inquisition is amazing but i would have recomended playing the first two games first so you get more of a feel of the world and lore,
Plus the decisions made in the first two can carry over so its more personal.
And glad to see more than one of my hobbies here:cheers:

It is a past time of mine to enjoy some gaming with home brew.

Life is good:cheers:

Yeah I am too loving DA:I. I enjoy most of biowares games actually, Dragon age series in general (Origins was fantastic), Mass Effect series and Star wars Knights of the old republic.

I am playing through DA: Inquisition and Shadows of Mordor at the minute which is also very good.

My son (only 5) is playing lego star wars 3 and Lego Batman 3 at the minute.

Must admit FPS's no longer interest me, they did about 13 years ago but there are so many I just burned out of them and I didn't find them very.. satisfying. That is just me though.

we have COD MW and initially the jumping in multi player was a breath of fresh air but for me it soon tired.
I agree about FPS it's been done to death, COD MW single player was good but they are always over way too soon compared to the likes of Dragon Age, Destiny etc.

we have COD MW and initially the jumping in multi player was a breath of fresh air but for me it soon tired.
I agree about FPS it's been done to death, COD MW single player was good but they are always over way too soon compared to the likes of Dragon Age, Destiny etc.

You may like Mass Effect games

They are Bioware same makers as dragon age, not as complex RPG elements as Dragon Age but certainly has the rich story driven part and they are 3rd person shooter which while it doesn't sound appealing it is very very good. There are 3 of them out each about 20-30 hours each and a 4th one is in the mix although will be a separate story line from the original trilogy.

I find games like Dragon Age and Mass Effect where you play a big long story as the main protagonist making decisions which feel like they have effect satisfying.. Although some will probably find that sad. Maybe I am just a nerd , a beer drinking nerd :drink:

Thanks Covrich, as i said earlier Dragons Age is not my usual type of game but having enjoyed it so much i will will certainly give those games a look, i imagine the early ones will be fairly cheap on ebay being the early ones.

cex are great for cheapo games

the COD games are ok but each game just seems to be the same as the last but with new backgrounds got a few of them but rarely play them

Back