lager fermentation, this seemed quick

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brydo

Regular.
Reaction score
hi guys, thats my coopers heritage lager been in the fv for 11 days now, with the hydrometer readings being the same now for two days. its been at a constant 11oc to 13oc and i used a proper lager yeast( mangrove jacks bohiemian ). my question is 11 days seems quite short for a lager due to all ive read, and i was thinkin to leave it another 4 days anyway till my next day off to bottle it but can fermentation already be done ? i thought it would be a three week affair. cheers for any help guys

What's the hydrometer reading? That's your real answer; under say 1.014 and you're probably finished. Above that and you may have a stuck fermentation.

What's the hydrometer reading? That's your real answer; under say 1.014 and you're probably finished. Above that and you may have a stuck fermentation.

+1, although lagers generally drop lower than ale in my experience, in fact my Cooper European has just finished at 1.007 after 27 days in the FV at 13C. It stopped bubbling a few days ago.

thanks guys, the hydrometer was 1.010 so im gonna go ahead and bottle, cheers for putting my mind at ease

Latest posts

Back