Cheap Online Hop Source

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Worcester HS charges about £3 postage for items up to 1kg - you can order up to 7 x 100g hop packets for that. I tend to get 7 at a time! They store well in the freezer, if you have space...

7 x £2.25 = £15.75 + £3 = £18.75/7 = £2.68 per 100g

They charge more than 2.25 for some varieties of course, like Simcoe and Cascade, but competitive for these hops too. They are out of Citra, Galaxy and Amarillo at the moment, but they do get them.

I was only really after some challenger. My LHBS has a very good range much obviously hasn't got 'everything'.

Not much of a hop head myself but if I ever do plan on buying lots of exotic hops to experiment with will definately keep you strategy of buying 7 lots at a time in mind, clibit, as i have room in my freezer to keep them. Will probably just go with Malt Miller as the P&P is reasonable.

I get mine from Wibblers brewery. Local to me so I don't pay postage. Their MO is good as well.

It's seem that at malt miller is £1.08 up to 100g but seeing as they only sell hops in 100g amounts p&p is £3.

So I bit the bullet and did your idea, clibit, and bought 7 lots of 100g grams

I bought

100g Progress x2
100g Challenger x2
100g Styrian Goldings x2
100g Fuggles

I didn't buy 7 different types of hops as I almost exclusively use GW book for receipes and all the other common types of english hops I can usally get from my HBS, so If I bought anything particularly exotic I don't think I would use much of it and then it would go to waste

Latest posts

Back