• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Homebrew Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

CO2 tank, Regulator and 9l keg

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PryorsHayes

Reaction score
Hi All,

I bought a 5 ft CO2 cylinder and 9l corny keg with John Guest fittings and the lines (everything you need basically).

I'm a all the gear no idea type so didn't realise that you need to keep the CO2 on to serve etc and the only place to do this is my shed so I'm selling up.

The CO2 tank is full apart from 1 fill of the corny and the keg was used by me once but was refurbished with new seals.

Open to offers for the lot. Collection only North Wales.

Please pm me. [emoji4]

I never keep the c02 on to serve where did you get that from? you add the beer to your keg pressurise then turn off c02 valve.nleave to condition for a week or so then serve. The only time the keg needs a c02 shot is when the pressure drops enough so no beer comes out the tap. That's the way I do it and my c02 bottle is in the house

I never keep the c02 on to serve where did you get that from? you add the beer to your keg pressurise then turn off c02 valve.nleave to condition for a week or so then serve. The only time the keg needs a c02 shot is when the pressure drops enough so no beer comes out the tap. That's the way I do it and my c02 bottle is in the house
Really? I'm so confused now.

I read the chart which tells you how many bar for how long at which temp and the set and forget etc. If I can fill it outside and leave it in the shed until I want to bring it in for a few pints that would be fine. So how do you do it?

I fill keg blast to 20 psi the keg loses no pressure so I drop down to 3 psi a week or so later for serving. I used to keep the gas on all the time and found gas cylinder empty after a few weeks obviously the keg was leaking or a leak in the line. Now I just turn the gas off when the keg is gassed up and it just sits there. If it drops theres a leak

Back