Festival Razorback too hot??

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sausagefingers

Reaction score
Checked my Razorback last night which I'm brewing in my garage.It's been really cold in there so I have a brew belt on the FV and a bubble jacket wrapped round it, looks like ET stood in the corner.
It wasn't so cold yesterday so when I went out to check the thermometer was reading 28! I check every night and it was fine the night before so not too sure how long it was like that.
So will it have damaged my brew or will I get away with it.
I'm really looking forward to trying the Razorback after reading all the glowing reviews on here so I'm hoping I haven't screwed it up

Cheers

I've read that the risk of off flavours from high temperatures is greatest at the start of fermentation, so you might be okay if it started well. Plus the razorback already has a bit of a fruity Belgium beer style thing going on.

Thanks again for replies.
Went out this morning to check on it and pulled a sample to check FG,temp was back down to 22 it looked and smelt fine and the reading of 1005 gave me an abv bang on 5.7 like it should be. So threw the hops in and will check again over the next couple of days and hopefully bottle this weekend.
I hope it hasn't spoilt as I've been looking forward to this one

Cheers

I'd be interested to hear what you think of the beer when it's ready for drinking, it's another one on my list of potential brews to try.

Latest posts

Back