Bavarian Weissbier Extract Pack

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PryorsHayes

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have brewed a few kits with mixed results and I am moving on to this extract kit.

I have read lots over the last year but still not sure I'm getting the stages right.

I ferment in a FV for 2 weeks checking the stable FG.
I then bottle in 2ltr Pepsi PET bottles and some 1ltr tonic bottles prime with a tablespoon of granulated sugar. This stays in the room I did the primary fermentation in about 18-20c for a further 2 weeks.
Then the go to the shed which is around 6-10 deg for at least a week.

Is this right or do they only need a couple of days in the bottles in doors to prime?

[emoji53]

Sounds spot-on to me. I usually leave my bottles indoors for about a week to make sure they're fully carbed up, but in this cold weather it seems to be taking longer.

I use glass bottles, but as you're using plastic you could give them a squeeze to see how they're coming along.

2 weeks fermenting, 2 weeks warm conditioning and then 2+ weeks cold conditioning seems to be the recommendation.

Good stuff thank you for confirming. I think I might try a secondary as my brews don't really get clear. 2 weeks primary, 1 week secondary, 1 week warm conditioning, 2 weeks cold conditioning. Would that work and be clearer?

Latest posts

Back