Lyles butterscotch syrup

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbeefy

Vanner
Reaction score
Got some of this from the pound shop what can I make with it help me please

image.jpg

I think that might go well in a English Style bitter. How do you brew, kit, extract, AG?

Edit: oops, I see you posted that in the wine section, so I guess you want to some how get it into a wine. Seeing as I've never made wine, may be some one else can help you out.

If you wanted to put it in a beer I'd just use it in the same way people use molasses or honey. Simply Put it in the fermenter with the kit contents.

I wouldn't put it in a stout though as the butterscotch flavour might get lost in the roasted flavours of the stout - and I'm not so sure about butterscotch stout? Use it in an Bitter or a mild, something that is the a similar colour as the syrup. Sound a bit strange but I find that when adding syrupy adjuncts colours match flavours - so a stout goes well with molasses, Golden Syrup goes well in Bitter etc.

well looks like im going to have to make my own recipe up then

Hi Beefy, Think I might be misundersanding, are you looking only to use the syrup in a wine or dont you mind if you use it in a beer as noone with wine experience has posted any answer.

If you are happy to put it in a beer are you asking how much to put in and when?

i only really do stout so mainly looking for a way to use it in wine

as i get a feeling it might not be good in a stout but you never know lol

Latest posts

Back