Ribena Cider

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steviec_lj

Reaction score
Knocked a 1 gallon batch of this up earlier, as the bottle seems to have been in the cupboard for an age and a day, the kids don't drink it, so I thought I'd have a go at making something I can drink, while attempting to navigate a boat this June!

Ingredients:

• 1 litre of Ribena Cordial - All I had was the No Added Sugar, which equates to 0.5g of sugar per 100ml, so 5g in total!
  • 3 litre of Apple Juice - Sugar content of 11g per 100ml, so 330g in total!
  • 1 litre of Apple Juice - For topping up purposes at a later, less bubbly stage. 11g of sugar per 100ml, so 110g in total!
  • 1 tsp Pectolase
  • 1 tsp Yeast Nutrient
  • 1 tsp Glycerin
  • 1 cup of 3 bag black tea

• 1 tsp Yeast - Forget what I used to be honest, Youngs I believe!
Now, I was aiming for around 6%, and with the above sugar content taken in to account, 445g including the top up 1 litre of apple juice, I added an extra 100g of sugar.

Boiled the Ribena for about half an hour, and it seems to have done the trick. Bubbling away nicely already!

Hi what was your SG? I done a very similar brew today and had an SG of 1.078 so unless my calc table is off this could achieve around 9% abv and I didn't add any additional sugars at all.

Assume as post old it's done now how did it turn out?

1 ltr of Ribena in a 1gal batch is gonna be too much imo. I used 400ml iirc and was still very sweet. I used vimto though which is similar. The vimto/Ribena is only used for a flavouring/colouring for a t/c. Hope it works out for you though.

edit; sorry just noticed this was an old thread, how did it turn out???

Latest posts

Back