Hi from a newbie

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drew83uk

Reaction score
Hi all,
Well after working in a brewery for the last 12 months I thought I would give homebrewing a shot.
I decided on the John bul IPA. I added 1kg of youngs enhancer and some honey. I also brewed some earl grey tea into boiling water. The OG was 1041 and it is now ferfermenting away nicely in a cupboard @ 22 c. I can't wait for a few weeks time when it's ready for bottling.
Anyone els tried creating a early grey IPA? My friends have drank one in the past and raved about it.

welcome to the forum
(I think that tickety brew, in Manchester, use earl grey in a brew. But I never have - let us know how it works out)

Thanks for the kind welcomes. I will keep you updated on the results of the earl grey IPA. Feeling slightly nervous that no-one had tried it before. Am also really nervous that something has gone wrong with sterilization. I'm sure all will be well.

Hi all,
Well after working in a brewery for the last 12 months I thought I would give homebrewing a shot.
I decided on the John bul IPA. I added 1kg of youngs enhancer and some honey. I also brewed some earl grey tea into boiling water. The OG was 1041 and it is now ferfermenting away nicely in a cupboard @ 22 c. I can't wait for a few weeks time when it's ready for bottling.
Anyone els tried creating a early grey IPA? My friends have drank one in the past and raved about it.

earl grey, that is interesting, wonder how it will turn out, soft flavours of bergamot - welcome !

Latest posts

Back