thermometer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
imho the eti thermopen is a very good thermometer,
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SuperFast...pt=UK_Kitchen_Accessories&hash=item338525b0d0
its 3 big plus points are accuracy, speed of reading true and a nice big lcd display,
reconditioned factory resale lots appear on ebay for circa £30 every now and again..

it takes 3-4 seconds to read true while cheaper thermometers can take 30+seconds..

also comes with detailed instructions to test calibration and guarantee of accuracy...

keeping it for brewery use will be tricky mine now lives in the kitchen..

Amazon do a few for < £2 with accuracy stated at +/- 1 degree. I have a few of these and they're all pretty close to each other at room temp.

I also have a couple for about the £8 quid mark from Amazon - a wireless one and a max/min one. Search my posts for the links.

If you want better accuracy (and one you can calibrate) I believe the Thermapen is the one you need at +/- 0.4 of a degree. Mind you, you pay for that ---> £50+ quid <gulp>

+/- 1 degree will do me just fine! :lol:

Check out fasttech.com they have loads on their site. Postage from china takes a while but I've ordered loads of times and never had an issue.

Latest posts

Back