Coopers Australian IPA

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dronnybrewer

Reaction score
Just started the above as my 2nd brew. The can instructions said add 300g sugar and 500g spraymalt light. I put in the 500g spray.alt light and just over 500g brewing sugar as 300g sounded a bit low? Anyway just looked on Brew UK website where I purchased it and they say 1kg of sugar along with the malt?! I have already added the yeast and got the brew on, should I add another 500g brewing sugar now??

The can instructions said add 300g sugar and 500g spraymalt light.

I have got one of these to do as my next step, I plan on doing it with 1.5kg of beer enhancer (50/50 Spray Malt and Dextrose), and brewing short to 20ltrs :rofl:.

This came out at FG 1058.

Last edited:
Just started the above as my 2nd brew. The can instructions said add 300g sugar and 500g spraymalt light. I put in the 500g spray.alt light and just over 500g brewing sugar as 300g sounded a bit low? Anyway just looked on Brew UK website where I purchased it and they say 1kg of sugar along with the malt?! I have already added the yeast and got the brew on, should I add another 500g brewing sugar now??

What OG did you get with 500 DME/500 Brew sugar?

Got a lot of activity in the fv from this, its calmed down a bit now though. Had 2 readings of 1010 but I am going to be patient and leave for another 6 days so it will be 2 weeks in the vessel. Looking forward to this one!:-D

Just an update. Bottled 40 of this on 21/02/2015. Left to condition in the warm but couldnt resist a try on 28/02/15. Was well impressed, good fizz and nice body to it. A real step above my first effort. Even the wife approved of this one;). Leaving in the warm until this Saturday then going to put in the cool. The spray malt seems to really have enhanced this one. A proper bitter:-D.

Back