where to get a bag to use for BiAB

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samnorfolk

Landlord.
Reaction score
anyone know the best place to purchase a bag for BIAB, and does anyone know how big a bag I will need for a 15 litre stock pot

I picked up a Richies Mashing & Sparging Bag for my 19 Liter stock pot from my local homebrew shop. It would work well in a 15 liter pot as well and only costs about 8 pounds. I would think most places sell it.

I have used it 8 times now and still working well, in fact its drying on my radiator after this afternoons brew :-)

Personally I use a white nylon voile net curtain. Just tie it around the diameter of the stock pot. Same material as the bags or paint strainers - £2 on ebay

I have used one of these for dozens of brews, has stood up well !

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004548ABS/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

It pretty big, can get a whole 5 gallon grain load in it but maybe not as big as is ideal so I lift it in and out a few times and generally swish it about a bit during the mash to ensure full extraction.

Last edited by a moderator:
get a piece of net curtain as already mentioned. Get the mrs or anyone that can sew to make the bag. Homebrew shops take the pi%% when it comes to these bags pricewise. Ive been using a net curtain for months and it was £3

I use a big square of nylon, as is. No stitching, less to go wrong :) bungee cord around boiler to keep the edges in place, tucked in. Gives malt optimum space during mash. Bungee off after mash, gather corners, dunk sparge like a massive tea bag. My original square lasted nearly 18 months! Not bad for three quid. Eventually it started to get tatty and let excessive matter through, so just bought a new one. Might try getting two, doubling up and stitching the edges... Imagine it might help for a clearer wort.

... Anyway, it's worked for me!

Back