Is this a sign ?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I came across discussions about Turbo Cider this morning and read a few threads. I'm not a big cider drinker but it sounded like if you put some effort into it then the results are quite good. So I started looking at what I needed, I would definitely need a demijohn.

This afternoon I went to the Waste Transfer Site to do some recycling and guess what was in the rubble skip ? Two demijohns (well three but one had been smashed already). Sneaked them into the back of the car obviously.

Going to have to give them a good clean but they have bungs in them and when I sprayed the outsides they looked clear.

Fate ?

Demis.jpg

Turns out not so lucky after all :-(

Decided to clean them tonight, with one of them it foamed when I put the vwp cleaner in. Emptied it and did it again, same result.

Googled it and VWP reacts with acid to release chlorine gas, which explained why my chest was feeling a bit sore :doh:

So it's had acid in it, admittedly it could be just citric acid or something harmless but I've decided not to risk it with either of them.

Shame but probably for the best.

Now I've got all the ingredients but not the FV. Visit to the LHBS required now.

Could have been cider, wine, but your right it could have been anything. Although, glass cleans out well :-)

Latest posts

Back