Help with Brew belt

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oriboy

Reaction score
Hi all, First post so be nice lol. Am thinking about purchasing a brew belt for FV. any advice on what to look for, wattage, length etc.
Have got an eye on one from Amazon for £14. 160w and 200cm heating wire, whats everyones thoughts? Cheers :drink:

Hi all, First post so be nice lol. Am thinking about purchasing a brew belt for FV. any advice on what to look for, wattage, length etc.
Have got an eye on one from Amazon for £14. 160w and 200cm heating wire, whats everyones thoughts? Cheers :drink:

I have read brew belts can be a real pain in the **** to use, you have to move the belt up and down to achieve the correct temperature (basically guesswork) if you are at work and it goes too high your brew could be ruined.

I have used a brew belt for the past year with very irregular results. I have recently changed to a fermenting fridge and the difference is amazing! If you have the room ...invest in one!!

I've used a brew belt with a timer over the winter with great success but I have now found that I could have made a brew fridge for something like £30 - £35. This would cover you for both winter and summer brewing, an under the counter fridge for next to nothing, most people are happy as long as you go and collect it. An STC 1000 220v and a 45w greenhouse heater and you're good to go. There are numerous threads and YouTube videos on how to set it up.

I've recently bought a brew belt and hooked it up to an STC-1000. I wrap the belt around the base of the tub and the STC does the rest to keep it (fairly) constant, +/- 0.3 degrees C of the desired temperature. I have a towel wrapped around the FV which also helps. Works a treat.

Latest posts

Back