Wine tasting a bit samey

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roddy

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hey folks...

7 months and 132l or wine and same amount of cider made a drunk later...

Getting a bit tired of the wine, the Rose stuff from either kit or wow is tending to taste a bit the same.

Any ideas for something that will be radically different eg using ribena or vimto or something like that ?

I've mad a few reds from kits which are obviously different that rose's but still similar to the other reds I've made if that makes sense haha

nice one, ordered !

I don't normally go for white, but it will make a change I guess

Yip with Chippy. Or for a red try the 30 bottle cab Sauvignon with 4 x 250ml cans of concentrate. Rich black current comes to mind

I put on the winebuddy sauv blanc today and was looking at the instructions. ..

it says to stabilise/clear/add finings/degass etc.. in the primary, then siphon into a second container ?

What would be the point in that ? I would normally siphon off after fermentation has stopped then do the rest in the second container, and bottle from that when cleared.

What did you do chippy ?

I have just read the instructions and as you say it tells you to rack to a second FV, i am wondering if they advise this for ageing.

I don't rack to a second FV and the wine is always crystal clear 48 hours after adding the 3 stage finings, i bottle as soon as it is cleared.

My review is here - http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=49224

attachment.php

cheers Chippy, ideal doing it all in one pot as well... happy days

I put mine on on Saturday and it's got 4 inches of froth on the top now ! just as it's a 30ltr fv !

bottled it tonight, nice and clear, cleared in record time too

did finings etc at about 1030pm tuesday night and was ready to bottle inside 24hrs !

The 3 part finings are a pain as you know it has to be done in one hour stages, the pay off being they work very fast, I did this last night and will be bottling Friday night.

Latest posts

Back