My Major Dillema (sp)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnnyboy1965

Landlord.
Reaction score
Ive been with my present employers for 13 years. Ive hated every single day, nearly. Ive just been offered my dream job. Now i understand "dont burn bridges etc" but I will never go back.
So resigning...Ive never been one to hold back when Ive got sometinhg to say, so do I A, just resign...B, tell the company what I really think.

You stand to gain little other than a bit of self satisfaction from B but it is a small world

Be the bigger man and go for A.. you really never know. I have known someone who burnt their bridges and it came back to bite them several years later in a different industry.

I would go with b, only because I've done it myself and it felt great!! It's probably not the best thing to do but if you know you will never cross paths again then why not just go to town with it.

Go for A. No need to be petty, after all, they're losing you and you're losing them so you've already won on points. Plus the dream job of course.

Thanks for your input. But there are one or two things that I havent mentioned.
A, I dont need the company for a reference.
B, Once I join this new company it will be for the rest of my working life.
C, Ive been shat on from a great height, on numerous occasions, including making me look o idiot in front of other staff
D, I know more and am more experienced in my profession than my "boss", and he knows it.
E, I have better "networking" contacts than he does.

I stand my what I would do and go for A. You will stand taller and come out of it looking better. If you go for B you could and you never know create a problem for yourself further down the line and well you may not look very good coming out of it. Be the bigger and more professional man. Option B you have nothing to gain and only a chance (however small it may seem) to lose.

H, just this very minute he has been on the phone to me (on my day off) to ask , some stupid question that he should know the answer to.

How does this look...
After much thought a deliberation, I feel that I cannot work for XXXXXXXXXXXXX any longer.
The reasons are many fold, and if you feel the need to discuss my issues, please feel free to contact me.
Therefor, I resign with immediate affect.
I shall work my "notice of termination of contract". in accordance with the companies policies.

What do you think, please fell free to suggest something else. Grammar will be corrected.

I am not the most experienced in writing resignation letters.. Honestly it is up to you, I get the feeling you're very angry about something and want to engage in it which is obviously you're choice.

I just personally think a cool head should prevail and just professionally say you wish to resign and will work out your notice. If they ask why I would politely explain my reasons without going off and making personal remarks.

Your letter above looks to me like you're steering towards plan B by baiting the confrontation.. Again I wish to stress it is up to you. I urge you to reconsider however and play it cool and professional.

Either way good luck

Relax, don't worry,have a homebrew.

Getting angry won't achieve anything. You'll just hand the power over. If you have an exit interview you would have every right to express your opinion and your grievances but if you do it calmly, rationally and reasonably it will have a much greater impact and effect than going postal. They may actually hear and reflect on what you say. Describe the positives and the negatives from your time in the job. Don't exaggerate. You're moving on. Move on calmly, it makes for a better state of mind.

The more matter-of-fact and less hot-headed your departure is, the more impact it will have. The temptation is always to have your rant but this may leave them thinking they are well rid anyway. Be calm and rational and they're more likely to be perplexed about the whole thing and realise their loss.

Ive known the answer all along...I will just resign gracefully. Now there is another problem.....Ive just seen my ex-job advertized at 8% per annum, more that they are paying me......of course I sent them my CV to apply for this job. My new empolyers want me to start ASAP, but my old company are keeping me to my contract of notice of leaving. Can I get sacked some way , without offending anyone?

Latest posts

Back