hi

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darkdude

Reaction score
thought i better say hello, im new to brewing at 33 years of age, but just got the ok from my mum to do it after she banned my dad for having it explode in the early 90s lol.

so yes i still live at home but plan to move out in 2 years and expand y brewing to 3-4 kegs when i do.

Welcome aboard, explosions are very unlikely.. but can be a good excuse for some PnQ in the brewshed ;) what with it being a 'risk' if your distracted hehe.:whistle:

depending on what you like to drink pressure barrels may not be a good fit, they dont contain enough pressure to condition the 'fizz' you would expect from a lager or american ale. and are more suited to containing lower conditioned beers like your english bitters..

just remeber the instructions on a kit label are also part of the sales pitch, the all seem to indicate that you can sup a pint within days(28?) of opening the kit,
and yes the beer can be drunk then, but will still be a green beer, and a little maturing for a few weeks sat in a cool spot will do wonders for the flavour and taste of the beer, green a pint can be a bit rough, but at the end of the day its just a case of personal taste, i will accept i have a palette for a more mature beer than some and can leave some brews months to mature..

So as soon as brew #1 is out of the bucket get #2 on the go etc.. then come summer you will have a good stock of beer..

enjoy..

Latest posts

Back