Dry Hopping my IPA

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hops_and_Dreams

Landlord.
Reaction score
Evening all.

My Youngs American IPA is nearly 2 weeks in, so i'll probably dry hop mid next week.

My question is this; the kit comes with 100g hops to dry hop, but I also have 100g of Mosaic pellets. Can I get away with adding some/all of these too? I like my beers really hoppy, but I still want to be able to drink it!

All input is welcome, especially those who have tried the kit.

Thanks.

Evening all.

My Youngs American IPA is nearly 2 weeks in, so i'll probably dry hop mid next week.

My question is this; the kit comes with 100g hops to dry hop, but I also have 100g of Mosaic pellets. Can I get away with adding some/all of these too? I like my beers really hoppy, but I still want to be able to drink it!

All input is welcome, especially those who have tried the kit.

Thanks.

Not done this kit myself, but 100g of dry hops seems immense to me.

I would advise doing the kit as per instructions on the hop additions and then see whether they are really inadequate for your tastes.

These hoppy beers are best drunk at an early stage in the maturation process, to get this "hop hit". So I would suggest you drink it soon after it clears, rather than mess with it any more.

Yes, you're right. It would be wise to see how this one turns out, then experiment with the next one if needed.

Cheers.

Latest posts

Back