HOMEBREW NEWBIE did first coopers kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxlongrod

Reaction score
hello all you experts out there... I started home brewing this year, and I must say I'm hooked .. on my third batch. the first two I did were all grain wort in a bag kits made by brewhouse where you just add water and yeast and after about 40 days you have delicious beer. first one I did was a red ale. (amazing) and a Czech style pilsner (almost as amazing)

Soooo this time I thought I would try a coopers kit. started with the Canadian blonde can and added the recommended brew enhancer 1 kit. but since I wanted to keep the final alcohol content over 5 and I like a bit of a heavier brew with some maltiness I added 500g of dme. all into 23 litres of water. oh and I added a small package of saaz hops to give it a light aroma.

just wondering if anyone thinks that that may have been a little too much for the single package of coopers yeast it came with.

I mean its obviously too late now, but for the future if I do that again should I get another yeast package and sprinkle just a bit more into it?

Last edited:
theyre a kit that I believe are made under the rj spagnols name i'm sure theres two different breweries in Canada that produce this kit. all I know is that its easy and just a great tasting beer. problem was that it was a little too easy and I wanted to try something with some challenge... not quite ready for an all grain stove top boil or anything yet lol

Back