Coopers dark ale or Stout?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Battleaxe

Reaction score
I'm having major dilemmas this time! And this is why...

Thinking of this recipe

Coopers dark ale or Stout
500g dark spray malt
1kg brew enhancer
Racked to secondary
Dry hopped with fuggles

1. I want to try racking to secondary thus meaning I need a secondary...

2. I would like to do a dark ale Wilkos don't stock it and my LHBS isn't open on a weekend pushing me towards a stout

3. One online shop has everything I need bar one thing a cheap secondary FV, another had the cheap FV but is more expensive on everything else...

4. I hate postage charges

5. I'm trying to keep costs down!

So I don't know weather to make do with what wilko offer... And do a stout or go online and do the dark ale either way I will spend more than I want to...

Or am I better off doing a festival kit?

It's the postage that kills it really I went to my LHBS which is really good only to find they aren't open on a weekend!

I work 9-5 mon-fri so no real chance of going during the week. Until sometime this summer...

I always get the feeling I'm forgetting something when I buy online especially when the postage is high!

When I said cheap I meant £7.98 for an FV

Truth is I'm probably looking for something I won't find...

Tesco and wilko don't actually stock what I want Instore or online...

I should just pay the postage and be done with it... But then I'm still not getting what I want just a compromised list of what will do instead.

Why not try Coopers stout? Fantastic and ferments so quickly! I make a point of trying to use my LHBS, we'll miss them when there gone and. I doubt customer services will know much about head retention or dry hopping :confused:
Rob.

I make a point of trying to use my LHBS, we'll miss them when there gone and. I doubt customer services will know much about head retention or dry hopping :confused:
Rob.

If i had a local home brew shop i would use it but we don't and the health food shop that sells a few bits and bobs (yeast, nutrient and airlocks etc) rips us off because he can get away with it, he also wouldn't know the first thing about head retention or dry hopping

I'm asking the same question...

Their website states "We operate primerally online"

I can't see why opening 8-12 on a Saturday and closing early on a Friday isnt an option, and they only open 9-5 mon/fri so it's impossible for me to get there ever!

I priced them like for like against 3 other online honebrew shops, they are more expensive have less range and charge more for postage...

Thus meaning I bit the bullet paid for delivery and bought online...

It's one thing making time to go when they are open but finding they don't stock what you want is just another reason to go elsewhere unfortunately.

Latest posts

Back