Large Digital Temperature Display

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Godfather50

Reaction score
I am partially sighted and have used the TEMPer USB stick linked to a laptop to display the current mash temperature in very large digits on the laptop screen. It also saves a record of the mash temperature so that you can review it later. The USB probe costs between £5 - £15 on ebay.

image.jpg

Do you have a link to said item looks interesting for my next project brewery build

The USB sensor came with a mini disk, but my laptop couldn't load this type. But if you google "temper temperature probe software" there is a website where you can download the software for your probe. The software is crude and the worst aspect of the setup. But I got it to output the live digits and expanded the size using " Microsoft magnifier". The data file is a .csv file which I loaded in Excel. One thing to check is the accuracy of the reading against a thermometer you trust. My probe was consistently 3 degree C too cold. You can adjust for this in the software. I like to review the data file to see how accurate my mash profile was. Apparently it can also email you the probe temperature, but I haven't tried this function.

Latest posts

Back