Tesco Turbo cider

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scaff

Regular.
Reaction score
Knocked up 5 gal of tesco turbo cider earlier.

23l of tesco edv Apple juice
2l of cranberry juice (for colour)
4kg of sugar
Youngs super yeast
Youngs yeast nutrient

All mixed together and will be left for 3 weeks to ferment out.

Scaff

:eek: Strewth that's an NCIS cider.

Near Carpet Interface Session

That particular juice does seem to make a nice cider though.
I used it with some chopped up bramleys and a cider yeast, it made one of the cheapest and best turbo ciders i have made so far.
Not at that strength though !

Hi yes

Edv is the 65p every day value one

I done one before

It hit 15-18% with the super yeast, and the honey & sugar to carb it

It cleared out like a nice Chardonnay, drinkable..............well sippable. More than 1 in 20mins and you knew about it.

I've added the other juice for colour, just so I can identify it from other hard lemo, lime brews.

Scaff

Hi, whats the exact process for this and equipment used?

As you can probably tell, I'm new to all of this but really interested in making a turbo cider.

Thanks

Simple really

Sterilise everything.

Put the 25ltr of juice in the FV vessel, making sure you have dissolved the sugar into the first 5ltrs of juice

Add the yeast and nutrient to a starter culture then add it to the 25ltrs of juice.

Bang, that's it, in 3 weeks it will have fermented out, rack off to a clean FV leave for a further 2 weeks to aid clearing, add sugar / honey to it bottle or pressure barrel it

Scaff

I tried something similar using tescoes cloudy apple juice with some malt extract and molasses, great flavour, finished at about 11-12%, I would use less sugar next time for sure though.

ive knocked up a gal of this with NO added sugar, just to see how it compares

scaff

holy moly, I made a similar one last year with 2kg added sugar, came out at about 10 %, and made me lose parts of the evening haha

when's it ready ?

Update

It's stopped fermenting, actually stopped a few days ago.

Will leave it till next week to rack off.

Scaff

I have got something similar on the go in one of my DJs . 4 L of value apple juice and 600ml of strawberry Ribena (not the sugar free) concentrate a cap full of glycerine and half a cup of tea with 2 bags (no milk of course) It was inspired by Brewmaster Ben and Uncle Jonas recipe from their youtube channel . Should turn out well for the summer bbq season .

my local tesco been selling everyday apple juice at 16p dodgy batch faulty openers apple juice ok bought 50 ltrs over past 4 weeks,should see me into summer and beyond

Scaff... did you drink this stuff ? are you still with us ??

how did it turn out ?

Latest posts

Back