Fermentation time?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shipstone

Reaction score
Quick question!
My second brew a Coopers English Bitter has been in the fermentation fridge for 6 days.I have to go away for a week on day 13 will it be ok to leave the brew in the FV for a total of 3 weeks instead of 2 as I will not have time to bottle and if so should I lower the temperature of the brew fridge to say 16c for the time I'm away.:!:
Thanks

Quick question!
My second brew a Coopers English Bitter has been in the fermentation fridge for 6 days.I have to go away for a week on day 13 will it be ok to leave the brew in the FV for a total of 3 weeks instead of 2 as I will not have time to bottle and if so should I lower the temperature of the brew fridge to say 16c for the time I'm away.:!:
Thanks

Should be fine. I have left many brews to 3 weeks or there abouts..

what is your temp now? I imagine by day 13 fermentation will be finished anyway you could keep it stable and let it bulk condition anyway or bottle it and it will be starting to carb.

what is your temp now? I imagine by day 13 fermentation will be finished anyway you could keep it stable and let it bulk condition anyway or bottle it and it will be starting to carb.

Hi Covrich temp set @ 20.5c

From what I have read a third week should have no negative effects. Longer than that the dead yeast from the cake at the bottom may start to contaminate the brew a little

I would suggest turning the temp up by 1-3C in wk 2 and then when you are away, dropping to the lower limit of the fermenting range.

This should get good attenuation with a low level of degredation.

Latest posts

Back