hop tea bags

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used one once, can't remember where I got it from, but there were so few hops in it, it wasn't worth the while. Just get a pack of hops, chuck the desired amount in, and later fish them out with a sanitised slotted spoon.

I went to a kitchen utensils, tray, plates etc shop.

They had some rather small tea bags, four in a pack. Needed at least six to do a dry hop, if you wanted a bit of wiggle room.

The shop had a whole sheet of muslin, so I can cut out a good size, for less than the reay made.

They are readily available from most online home brew shops (Bulldog make them.) Having said that, it's just as easy to throw some fresh / dried hops in a muslin bag, job done. Much cheaper too. :D

Chuck hops in loose. Then just steal a pair of tights, try them on, take them off, cut a little bit off, fasten over the FV end of your siphon and bottle as usual. For a complete and satisfyingly TV FV to bottle experience! :-)

Could try Tescos 11 inch strainer bag or their infuser bags. Don't know if they are any good though. Otherwise I have seen homebrew shops online sell a strainer that fits over the top of standard FVs and you chuck the hops in there.

Latest posts

Back