Brew in a basket?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markm1878

Reaction score
Hi,

I've been speaking to someone recently about making SS mesh grain baskets to replace regular brew in a bag bags. They would be to fit a 50l pot (the standard bergland 40cm diameter ones) and consist of a SS frame with feet and SS mesh with a handle at the top. He could make them bigger or smaller I'd imagine too.

They sell them here. Quite expensive to get one here and I can't find any UK sellers.

I like them. Don't need to worry about burning a bag/ripping a bag/tearing your bag/replacing your bag etc... I think it will be a much more suitable filter for a recirculating biab system. It's strong, it should last years... Also, with a pot, a pump, a PID and one of these, you've more or less got a braumeister :)

The guy i've spoken to is keen. He can do it, he can get the materials etc, but doesn't want to just do one or two. I just wondered, would anyone else be interested in one of these? If so, how much would you be willing to pay for one?

Latest posts

Back