Bottling

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmh7117

alejunky
Reaction score
Slow Slow Slow!!

My bottling is taking too long.
I am using an FV with plastic tap. The tap spigot is 16mm, not ideal for bottling so I incorporated a funnel then I get a load of froth. took me a little over an hour to bottle 44. Also I think I lost a good couple of bottles on the floor...

Anyone got a better routine?

Slow Slow Slow!!

My bottling is taking too long.
I am using an FV with plastic tap. The tap spigot is 16mm, not ideal for bottling so I incorporated a funnel then I get a load of froth. took me a little over an hour to bottle 44. Also I think I lost a good couple of bottles on the floor...

Anyone got a better routine?

I just finished bottling. 35 bottles, didn't take note of the time, but I attach a bottling wand to the end of the tap, you push the wand on the bottom of the bottle to release beer , let go and it shuts off automatically. you only get a few drips per bottle that way. makes bottling so much easier.:clap:

Bottling wand is your best friend, get one they're a couple of quid and make it a doddle

Hi jm
I don't do a lot of bottling but after having the same problem as you I bought one of those small in line taps that fit in the syphon tube, 99p from my LHBS.
Rob.

Thanks Racinsnake.

I am going down the wand route only £3 at the LHBS. Also getting a reducer 16mm to 12mm due to spigot size of my tap.
Will be doing a lot of Weissen beer hence the bottling.

For anyone bottling a bottling wand is a must - it also gives the ideal head space without thinking about it.

+1 Just

My little tip is to inset a short section of tubing between the wand and the tap too, for those 'tip the bucket to get the last bottle out' moments without the wand burying itself in the wall!

Mish - I've bottled for years and never thought of this! :thumb:

Other time saving items for bottling is a bottle tree/drainer and contact steriliser (I use star san). I can sterrilise, bottle and clean away in just over an hour - well worth the extra investment.

+1 Just

My little tip is to inset a short section of tubing between the wand and the tap too, for those 'tip the bucket to get the last bottle out' moments without the wand burying itself in the wall!

will look into this :-D

I open the dishwasher to get around this at present!

Latest posts

Back