i think i drink too much.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol i can still type and text when drunk. i dont lose that skill unfortunatly. although what i put to my female best mate makes me wish i did lose the ability lol

I understand your problem. Because the beer is sitting there, you can just drink it. I also drink much more than I did before I HBed.

If you really are worried there's a couple of things that I have noticed have lowerd my alcohol intake:

i) Make beer that is weaker. I actually really enjoy beerthats 3%-3.5% and regularly make it
ii) This might not apply yo you as you keg you beer. But I recently changed all my 500ml PET bottles to 330ml glass ones. I've found that I still drink the same amount of bottles of beer per week but of course my volume of beer drank is less

I understand your problem. Because the beer is sitting there, you can just drink it. I also drink much more than I did before I HBed.

If you really are worried there's a couple of things that I have noticed have lowerd my alcohol intake:

i) Make beer that is weaker. I actually really enjoy beerthats 3%-3.5% and regularly make it
ii) This might not apply yo you as you keg you beer. But I recently changed all my 500ml PET bottles to 330ml glass ones. I've found that I still drink the same amount of bottles of beer per week but of course my volume of beer drank is less

quick! - how can I hide your reply so my other half doesn't see it! :whistle:

I'm starting to think I don't drink enough, I brew more than I can sup so my supplies only end up going up and it's getting quite ridiculous. Gonna have to start being more generous and give some away.

You're right about it being literally on tap, so I need to be quite self disciplined! I normally don't have any on a school night, a little self imposed rule. Having said that, I've got one on the go at the moment, but as I'm not working tomorrow, it's technically ok!

A wise man once told me every one likes a drink no one likes a drunk, So if you no you have had enough and call it a day theres no problem
Ok shoot me down now

I try not to drink on a school night too (...Sunday's don't count!).

Friday is my 'heavy' night - might have 5/6 pints. Saturday I'm slowing down - 3/4 pints. Sunday might only be one or two. Very occasionally I might have a cheeky midweek pint but one only! I'm well within my 28 units p.w. limit for a bloke. The rest I give away to people I like and as a 'thank you' - you're never short of takers as a homebrewer!

I brew for the pleasure of brewing. I drink for flavour and experience, rather than just to get numb!

I try not to drink on a school night too (...Sunday's don't count!).

Friday is my 'heavy' night - might have 5/6 pints. Saturday I'm slowing down - 3/4 pints. Sunday might only be one or two. Very occasionally I might have a cheeky midweek pint but one only! I'm well within my 28 units p.w. limit for a bloke. The rest I give away to people I like and as a 'thank you' - you're never short of takers as a homebrewer!

I brew for the pleasure of brewing. I drink for flavour and experience, rather than just to get numb!

This came up on the other thread about how much you drink, but even thought its we think plucked out of thin air. The so called NHS limit isn't 28 its 21, I think it changed about 10 years ago. Which equates to about 8 pints I would say. (women are 14!!!! screw that lol)

Thanksfully we can all sleep easy (cos of the beer) cos of the fact its all BS :thumb:

one 40 pint keg lasts me a week :\

Dude, that's 80 units a week assuming you're brewing fairly weak beer. I'm not a fan of the governments 20 units claptrap, but long term you're going to wreck your health drinking this much. 40 pints lasts me about 3 weeks and I still think I'm drinking a bit too much. Of course if you're not very old you will be able to get away with it for a while but eventually it'll catch up with you.

I never count units or bottles/pints but go by how I feel and I always have Mon & Tue off (48hrs+). Sometimes if I'm tired or busy won't even bother until the Friday/Saturday night.

Never get drunk either but do like to get 'chilled out'. Depending on the strength of the beer, that's normally between 5 & 7 bottles. I do drink for taste & flavour rather than volume and always have a mixture, never the same brew back to back.

Current favourite beer is a St Peters Ruby Red Ale but tonight I've had everything from an 'Old Speckled Hen' (over rated imho) to an 'Old Engine Oil' (now there's a beer!). Quite partial to a San Miguel or a Punk IPA too <-- how's that for a taste spectrum! :shock:

Problem I have is that I don't have stock of homebrew beer (plenty wines though!). What I've made is long gone. I need a routine, one a month or somit.

Last weeks purchase of x5 Corny kegs, second hand, from Gumtree should soon fix that... :D I'm off next week and on a mission :cool:

I never count units or bottles/pints but go by how I feel and I always have Mon & Tue off (48hrs+). Sometimes if I'm tired or busy won't even bother until the Friday/Saturday night.

Never get drunk either but do like to get 'chilled out'. Depending on the strength of the beer, that's normally between 5 & 7 bottles. I do drink for taste & flavour rather than volume and always have a mixture, never the same brew back to back.

Current favourite beer is a St Peters Ruby Red Ale but tonight I've had everything from an 'Old Speckled Hen' (over rated imho) to an 'Old Engine Oil' (now there's a beer!). Quite partial to a San Miguel or a Punk IPA too <-- how's that for a taste spectrum! :shock:

I also drink for taste and flavour and very rarely get drunk. I'm a big fan of lower alcohol beers 3%-4% although I aslo enjoy beers of up to about 5.5%.

I have stock space for 3-4 different beers at any one time and also enjoy a mixture, although I only really make English ales (stouts, porters bitters and milds)

I also drink for taste and flavour and very rarely get drunk. I'm a big fan of lower alcohol beers 3%-4% although I aslo enjoy beers of up to about 5.5%.

I have stock space for 3-4 different beers at any one time and also enjoy a mixture, although I only really make English ales (stouts, porters bitters and milds)

Same as, I enjoy a drink will get a bit of a buzz and a chill out but never get drunk. Very rare, Quality over quantity.

I also like to keep my beers within a reasonable strength 4-5.5%

Also like many I never just drink one brew start to finish I try and have various mixtures which I can pick upon

i dont drink normaly during normal week in the house. out with my pal on a wedneday but sometimes have half a dozen or so on friday then maybe 8 or 10 on saturday depending on what strength brew ive got on. probably get through 27-30 pints pw now all told.
lifes to short and if it was a bit longer id probably drink more :-D

The one thing I really do not get about the NHS reccomendations is the maximum units you should have a when you have a drink on a drinking day is like 3 or 4.. I mean seriously who ever does that:lol:

I don't drink anymore.......

But I don't drink any less,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Scaff

Latest posts

Back