Hi From sunny Torbay Paignton

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sealover1

Reaction score
hi guys sorry for the sunny mention in the title as we all know this to be untrue lol

I'm new to home brew only done 1 brew so far (coopers aussy ) but it come out ok and down to my last 6 bottles :P

my Mrs never went a lot on it she said it weren't sweet enough so now looking for a new one to try maybe coopers Mexican as people tell me this is a sweeter lager "what say ya?"

cheers :)

Hi from Plymouth (Used to live in Paignton/Torquay!)

Welcome to the forum, you'll get a lot of help from everyone here.

I did the Wilko Cerveza, and that was really nice after a while conditioning. Have you looked at maybe doing a WoW or doing the owoccy syrup route for a sweeter drink? I know you used to be able to get the syrup in lidl's, last time I was up I picked up 6 bottles of various flavors.

funny you should say that I was just thinking about Wilko Cerveza might give that a go next so if I put sysrup in will it make my brew stronger mine was bit weak last time how much would I add though for a slightly sweeter taste I don't want it to sweet as its not my thing.. got some honey in will that do same thing?

Ahh you wouldn't want to put the owoccy syrup in your beer! :O haha. It's used to make it's own type of brew, think alcohol-ade (insert fruit flavor for alcohol)
http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=11464 is the recipe for the syrup drink.

For the cerveza, I'd suggest getting a brew-kit enhancer from wilko as well, won't set you back too much which will add body and flavor to the brew. Also brew short, 19-20ltr instead of the full 23, gives it that bit more oomph.

Can't say about the honey as I've not tried it myself, but nothing stopping you from giving it a bash! If you have a look through the Wilko Cerveza thread on the kit reviews, I think someone may have added honey to the batch so can see what they said.

I use a 1kg of normal sugar last time so do I put a kg of brew-kit enhancer as well as the sugar do I

Latest posts

Back