Brewsmith

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ManseMasher

Regular.
Reaction score
I just purchased Beersmith. Put in 6 recipes that I really like. For every one it's come up with a mash time of 47 minutes? What have I done wrong? Can I change this anywhere?

I just purchased Brewsmith. Put in 6 recipes that I really like. For every one it's come up with a mash time of 47 minutes? What have I done wrong? Can I change this anywhere?

Tried to search brewsmith, but couldn't find anything. Do you mean beersmith? If so, your recipes may have a user defined mash profile. Change it to a Beersmith defined one in the bottom left "mash" tab to one you think is suitable for your purposes. If not Beersmith, then my apologies :-/

image.jpg

If it is beersmith you can also set up your own mash profile by going to profiles, mash and use the add mash button. Set it to what you want and name it.

If this is one you use all the time then open up a new recipe, select your mash profile and anything else you want as standard then click on the small set as default button at the top. Hey presto, every time you start a new recipe everything is set up how you want

If it isn't beersmith, then don't know. Sorry!!

It is beersmith, must have had a brain fart. Mine looks different, but I guess yours is on a pc whereas mine is the mobile version. Thanks for the pointers, I'll have a play.

Hi ManseMasher

(Great name by the way, are you in the clergy?!) The features I described in my post earlier are all in the mobile version too, except when you open a new recipe there isn't a tiny set as default button, it's a whopping big one at the bottom. At least it is in the full version. Dunno about the Lite one, sorry.

It can do BIAB but never used these functions, sorry. Perhaps someone else has...

Hi ManseMasher

(Great name by the way, are you in the clergy?!) The features I described in my post earlier are all in the mobile version too, except when you open a new recipe there isn't a tiny set as default button, it's a whopping big one at the bottom. At least it is in the full version. Dunno about the Lite one, sorry.
Been playing more, got it sorted I think! All I've got to do now is delete all the profiles I'll never use to tidy up the profiles page a bit. Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

As for being a member of the clergy, I think my chequered past may preclude me from that particular calling. In fact, one previous employer told me that if there is a bus directly to the fiery depths, I wouldn't just be on it, I would be driving it!

So if I put in it for example I want to be left with 23l of a brew to keg it will tell me the steps needed/volumes required to do so. I understand I need to add ingredients to it.

Yes. There are some pre-defined biab mash profiles for 19l batches. Just amend one of the profiles to your 23l batch and it'll calculate water amounts etc... It can be a bit complicated at first, but after a wee play you'll get the idea.
You can add ingredients if they're not already in the database, but They'll probably already exist. Also brad smith (the creator) has put tutorial videos on you tube. They're fantastic.

Been playing more, got it sorted I think! All I've got to do now is delete all the profiles I'll never use to tidy up the profiles page a bit. Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

As for being a member of the clergy, I think my chequered past may preclude me from that particular calling. In fact, one previous employer told me that if there is a bus directly to the fiery depths, I wouldn't just be on it, I would be driving it!
I'll raise a glass to that!! Ha ha ha!!!

Latest posts

Back