Hops in %?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floodster

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have been given a recipe by a local brewery which I really want to make. Problem is the measurements are a little confusing when it comes to the Hops. They have been provided as below in % (I have hidden the hops names as to not give out any part of the recipe). The malt was also given in the same % but I have managed to work that one out.

Bittering Hops:

A 50%
B 50%

Aroma Hops:
C 50%
A 50%

Aroma Hops are added at the rate of 250% of bittering hops.

Anyone got a clue how I can work out the Hops weights from this?

Regards

Hi guys,

I have been given a recipe by a local brewery which I really want to make. Problem is the measurements are a little confusing when it comes to the Hops. They have been provided as below in % (I have hidden the hops names as to not give out any part of the recipe). The malt was also given in the same % but I have managed to work that one out.

Bittering Hops:

A 50%
B 50%

Aroma Hops:
C 50%
A 50%

Aroma Hops are added at the rate of 250% of bittering hops.

Anyone got a clue how I can work out the Hops weights from this?

Regards

Unfortunately, without the alpha value of the hops, the beer style, batch volume, type of malt then it's pretty hard to give you much of an idea :|

How much of each hop was provided? I would guess that 50% of hop A for example would be 50% of the total amount of hop A that was provided for the recipe. So if 100g of hop A came with the kit I think 50g have to be used for bittering and 50g for flavour/aroma.

Latest posts

Back