airlock proble

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitefury

Reaction score
hi guys new to the brewing scene currently working on my first batch of lager
i hove a bit of a issue though my airlock doesn't seem to be working correctly
is a s shape type and when filled with water instead of bubbling it seems to just push the water from the chamber nearest the bin exit hole to the other chamber.
image 1 was when i refilled it image 2 was after the amount of time it took me to make a coffee
any help would be appreciated cheers

1.jpg

2.jpg

Mine never bubbles, it just does what yours does in photo 2, then the rest escapes from between the lid and bucket as I guess the lid doesn't seal properly. It sounds quite common, so it's never bothered me. As long as the end result is tasty beer, I don't care how it gets there!

That reminds me.

I bought some of those 10 litre food grade buckets with yellow lids off flea bay a while back and the lids weren't a good enough seal for the airlock to work. I know a lot of people aren't bothered but I like to know how the fermentation is going.

Anyway, solved it by using a thin layer of food grade filler (about five quid from tool station) in the recess of the lid. Current batch is bubbling nicely.:-D

Latest posts

Back