Youngs American IPA Timelapse Video

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tibbs1972

Reaction score
I have my BrewCam trained on the Youngs America IPA up loading a snaphot every 20minutes, mainly so I can check on the brew from my phone, While I'm out and about, or at work.

I got an SG of 1.060, so I'm hoping for about 6% ABV.

I started the brew at 8pm on the 15th April.
The yeast kicked off about 7:!5pm GMT last night.

Here's a time lapse video of the initial fermenting stage going wild.

Luckily I caught it in the morning, when the Airlock blocked and I cleared it in time.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9k6tP6EC0qI[/ame]

Great video.

You could do with a blow off tube, better safe than sorry.

You could be right, I haven't looked into it before, but the recent three brews have been pretty wild.

Thanks for the tip, I'll look into it.

I love natrual history time lapse films of plants and especially fungi. Fungi are so alien looking and to watch them growing at time lapse 'speed' makes them look even more alien.

I take it you didn't buy the kit just so you could film your krausen growing? Do you have some other hobby involving time lapse photography?

I love natrual history time lapse films of plants and especially fungi. Fungi are so alien looking and to watch them growing at time lapse 'speed' makes them look even more alien.

I take it you didn't buy the kit just so you could film your krausen growing? Do you have some other hobby involving time lapse photography?

I already had the IP Cameras for home security, which I got cheap from Ebay a few years ago.

The only Software I purchased was
b4CJg028UAAAAASUVORK5CYII=
VisionGS Business Edition from Digital River GMBH @ £21.63 for uploading files etc.

The cameras do upload with their firmware, but each file is numbered. I only wanted one cam.jpg file on my website.

With the software I upload a single cam.jpg file to the website and transfer separate archive numbered files to the harddrive every 20mins, so that I can keep a record of activity at home.

I then added the brew photos to Windows Movie Maker to make the time lapse video.

I only noticed yesterday, that when the camera uses the infrared vision at night, you can see inside the fermentation bin.

I hadn't planned for a time lapse video, but realized I had enough photos to do this yesterday for a bit of fun.

I like it, as said previously, it's interesting to see it grow. Mine always seems to happen overnight, so I only ever see the 'before' and 'after'.

It makes a tasty beer too, mine's been in the bottle 5/6 weeks and is getting good. I think you'll be over 7% though! My SG was 1062 and it came out at 7.3%.

Latest posts

Back