Youngs American IPA

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d_jsr

Reaction score
Hi guys, started this last Friday as my first brew, took a couple of days to get going, but then had to clear the airlock every hour or so for the first couple of days once it did start. It's been on for 8days now, & bubbling seems to have stopped completely, just checked sg & it's at 1012 & tastes pretty good. Temp has been around 17-20 throughout. Does this sound ok? The fv is airtight as when I press on the lid slightly the airlock then bubbles.

Hi guys, started this last Friday as my first brew, took a couple of days to get going, but then had to clear the airlock every hour or so for the first couple of days once it did start. It's been on for 8days now, & bubbling seems to have stopped completely, just checked sg & it's at 1012 & tastes pretty good. Temp has been around 17-20 throughout. Does this sound ok? The fv is airtight as when I press on the lid slightly the airlock then bubbles.

I'd leave it a bit longer. Mine finished at 1008 and took 22 days. But yes, tastes pretty good!

My AIPA has been in the fv for 21 days with the air lock bubbling every 30 secs. I checked the s.g today witch was at 1010 but it still has a massive foamy head. I've had a steady temp of 18c through out. Does this sound about right?

Back