Cider from juice - what flavour next

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roddy

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've just made up a nice cherry cider (22ltrs) all from 100% apple juice cartons, flavoured/primed with a Lowicz cherry syrup.

I'm going to crack on with another carton/juice based brew, and was thinking about the raspberry Lowicz syrup, but wondered if anyone had any other suggestions for a flavour that would make a tasty brew ?

I'm about to try a raspberry one myself to see how it compares to my apple and raspberry Princes TC's. They taste great, and when the juice is on offer at 70p a carton, can't be beat. However, they always ferment with a really meaty looking head - looks like a human brain in a jar - which makes bottling a pain. Hoping the Lowicz will look less gruesome.

You must try a grapefruit t/c Roddy. My favourite and I'm on my 30th brew. 4ltr a/j to 1ltr grapefruit juice 100%.

cheers chaps

what juice do you use for your grapefruit Frogbrew ?

To a 5ltr batch use 3.5 Ltd a/j and 1ltr pure grapefruit juice 100%(from concentrate OK)
Plus usual additions 3teabag tannin/ citric(if you like)pectolase/ nutrient/yeast.
I rack mine off to another demi when its fully fermented and add 10tsp sugar for priming and 10tsp canderel sweetener or similar then bottle.

I tried lychee (from rubicon). lovely gentle flavour using 50% AJ 50% lychee, but a quite expensive way of doing it i guess.

Lychee puree or concentrate would be good (if exists)

Back