Barrel s30 top

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liamb2387

Reaction score
Hi all.

Been lurking on the forum for some time. Don't think iv ever posted.

Iv been brewing for a few years, mainly using bottles rather than the barrel.

My next batch, I was planning using the barrel and my question is this. If I change my barrel top to the s30 type, would a new style soda stream canister fit?

My understanding is you need to purchase a valve adaptor that allows soda stream cylinders to work with an s30 valve. Then it should be straightforward.

Thanks spud. But I read somewhere that these adapters only work on the old style soda stream canisters. Unless there are now ones for the new style. Does anyone know?

Just had a look. I think that is what I was look for. Didn't expect it to cost £30 though but fair enough if there being made to order

The German one was £40 and i dont know if that was including postage, maybe if there is enough interest you could haggle and get the price down.

Mate a new s30 cylinder is £20-22 first time then £7-9 for a refill. Is it really worth looking for an adaptor? Sometimes you'll see them on eBay around £10.

Is it really worth messing about with adapters, that then offers an extra step that can leak on you whilst filling? Might be easier to just bite the bullet

Yeah. I was just looking at my options really. Currently using the small bulb ones. Which im not really a fan of. Might just stick with the bulbs for a little while longer

Latest posts

Back