Wilkos finings

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philly

Reaction score
Picked up some finings in Wilkos yesterday for a quid. Says it will treat 23l of wine but I only want it for a 1 gallon batch. There aren't any instructions with it. Is it ok to add it all or should I dilute some in a glass of wine and add a quarter of it back?

I have used Vin Clear powdered finings for the first time today, it says its for 22.5 litres (5 gallon) but you can use half the packet in a 4.5 litre (1 gallon) demijohn.

I have used Vin Clear powdered finings for the first time today, it says its for 22.5 litres (5 gallon) but you can use half the packet in a 4.5 litre (1 gallon) demijohn.

I'll try and do that then. Can't see it being straight forward halting those gel packets. Will get vin clear next time:thumb:

I use the wilko finings, I do two demis at a time and split the pack between the two, works fine..

Best bet is Kwik Clear. You can vary the dose and repeat if required. This is particularly useful if making wine with non-clear juices and fruit pulp like peach, which tend to require repeat doses. A syringe is best for accurate dosage.

Kwik clear is my favourite, it will clear the stuff I make in a couple of days but the down side is I cannot get in my LHBS and postage is nearly the price of the finings if you buy online.

Latest posts

Back