Coopers Selection Pilsner Possibly Stalled (or never really started)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rich_c

Reaction score
Hi everyone and sorry if I'm asking something really obvious, I'm only on my second brew!

I've done a Coopers Selection Pilsner kit but the fermentation never seems to have got going, at least in comparison to the last ale brew. Are the lagers supposed to ferment this gently?

Bit of background - It was brewed with the recommended light spraymalt and brewing sugar but only topped up to 18L as I wanted to make it a little stronger in flavour after reading comments on various forums. Starting temperature was about 22C and the OG was 1.041. This morning (after three days) the temperature is 19C and the gravity is 1.033, so something *may* to be happening. I also gave it a very gentle stir after taking that reading. The seal and airlock also appear to be okay.

If it has stalled, is it worth getting some new yeast in quick like the "Fermentis SafAle US-05" which I've seen recommended elsewhere?

Or should I just be patient and see what happens? :)

Rich

Just be patient 3 days is not a long time. in general I will leave my brews 2 weeks in primary a week in secondary as a rule.

Back