Keg appeal!!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clibit

Reaction score
I need some small kegs, I have two 10 litre brews that I want to keg rather than bottle and I've tried to buy locally to no avail. Does anyone have any spare 5 litre mini/easy kegs (empty brewery filled ones are fine) or 2 gallon plastic pressure barrels they could loan or sell to me? Or anything else that might do the job. I'm in Old Trafford and need them within about 24 hours really. Can collect within a reasonable radius.

Or can anyone suggest any other ideas? I'm having a party a week on Saturday and want to keg these ideally. My PB has been filled with a 23 litre brew I've done.

No ideas, or kegs of any kind, anyone? Looks like I'll have to take a drive tomorrow.

I've got a mini you can borrow Clibit. I'm only up the M60 in Bury/ Bolton if you want it. It's a 5L commercial that I've cleaned out.
If you want more I believe Spitting Feathers in Bolton have a stock of minikegs for reasonable prices. Probably take you half an hour to get there out of rush hour.

Hey thanks Sonnal. I'll check out Spitting Feathers. I need more than one so will see if they can sort me out.

Cheers Bungle. Nearly drove to Leyland yesterday but stuff happened. Work hassle. Spitting Feathers want £11 for mini kegs. Now I can't decide whether 5 litre mini kegs or 10 litre barrels are best option/value. Or polypins. Gonna bottle these two 10 litre batches I think and make a considered decision. Any thoughts anyone?!

Cheers Bungle. Nearly drove to Leyland yesterday but stuff happened. Work hassle. Spitting Feathers want £11 for mini kegs. Now I can't decide whether 5 litre mini kegs or 10 litre barrels are best option/value. Or polypins. Gonna bottle these two 10 litre batches I think and make a considered decision. Any thoughts anyone?!
Which are the most re-usable? Value for money and all that....

All re-usable, but different time spans I'm sure. Need to balance cost including gas equipment etc, durability, etc. One of those impossible decisions. For me anyway.

Yeah I do too. The cans are good at 6 quid each but the dispensers/gas injectors are a bit dear, and they use the little gas bulbs.

have you considered taking the plunge an buying into corny or sankey kegs, the eco 30l kegs are only £25 a pop delivered via ebay. there is a financial investment needed in temp control and gas supply but the beauty of real kegs is a consistent pour, indefinite shelf life, and you cant under fill as you purge all air out with a co2 charge and vent ;)

Blimey they've gone up a bit. They were about £7 last time I went in. Sorry Clibit.

No worries. I rang to check.

I've got a corney on order. I mostly do 10 litre brews so I'm after something to suit. I know a microbrewer who offered me eco kegs for a tenner, but I don't make 30 litre batches. I'm not a big drinker either!

10l in a 19l corny is fine, or a 39l keg come to that will just cost a tad more in co2 to pressurise the extra headroom so you might go through a 6.5kg bottle in 12months rather than 18-24..

edit you may want to check out candirect too, the pnp is a bit more what with coming from germany but the euro/£ exchange rate works for you, and they also sell the soft orange corny lid seals which make sealing a 2nd use corny lid way less hassle..

Cheers Fil. How much does a 6.5kg gas tank cost?

I'll check out candirect. I need to work out how to use the corney when it arrives.

Latest posts

Back