Green beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bquiggerz

Regular.
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

My dad went on holiday recently and was in a pub that served, yes you guessed it, green beer. Now I'm wondering is this beer simply coloured green with good colouring or is it done form of naturally occurring colour?

Thanks,

Ben.

I remember having some green beer in a pub in Worcester a few years back and I have been wondering ever since how they did it. Google searches haven't really helped. Any ideas, people? I would love to try and clone it.

Actually I've just tried another Google search and found a couple of things. It looks like you have to add stuff to a light ale or lager. You can add green food colouring, concentrated chlorophyll, spirulina (which, apparently, is a type of blue-green algae, but which is edible), powdered wheatgrass juice (which also contains a lot of vitamins and minerals).

My dad had it somewhere in Europe, it wasn't for St Patrick's day it was just one of their regular ales, I'll have to ask him about it

Latest posts

Back